Those we support
TR’s Cancer Fighters proudly supports the organizations and groups listed below.
- Hope Abounds, Wilmington, NC – Women of Hope and A Kid’s Hope are both programs of Hope Abounds that has dedicated itself to enhancing the life of a female or child cancer patient and their families. Hope Abounds does this by providing support services, support educational opportunities, patient advocacy, and financial assistance. These services are designed to help with the emotional, physical, and spiritual needs of all that have been touched by cancer. By providing free of charge opportunities one can join with others to share their experiences, strengths and most importantly, their hope!
- Hope Lodge, Charleston, SC – Established in 1970, the Charleston Hope Lodge was the first hospitality house of its kind in the country. The Exchange Club of Charleston purchased the first home at 267 Calhoun Street, which served as the American Cancer Society office as well as the Hope Lodge. During that time, cancer treatment was mostly inpatient and most people just stayed at the Lodge before traveling long distances to their homes. As outpatient treatment became more prevalent, more patients needed to stay and the waiting list grew significantly. Residency at a Hope Lodge facility is a courtesy extended at the sole discretion of American Cancer Society. All individuals who meet the Hope Lodge eligibility requirements will be welcomed regardless of race, creed, citizenship, physical disability, gender, color, ethnic heritage, veteran status, economic status, or sexual orientation.
- Wigs for Cancer, Little River, SC – Bold & Beautiful Wigs for Cancer is a 501(c)(3) Non Profit Charity group organized to provide social support and services to those undergoing treatment for cancer. Our mission is to provide our clients with a vast selection of the finest quality alternative hair products on the market, while nurturing lasting relationships and offering caring, friendly, expert advice with world class customer service in an inviting caring, and professional manner.
- Individuals and families residing primarily in the Southeastern North Carolina and Northeastern South Carolina geographic areas.
- Other charitable organizations providing aid to such individuals and families.